Welcome!

Look around, leave a comment, dont be a stranger!

Monday, 11 July 2011

Podcasting 2

So I've had a good nose through other libraries' podcasts, and I've listened to Ann Lib's well-executed podcast (kudos!). Haven't been brave enough to record one yet and not entirely sure what I would talk about (and there's the small matter of a deeply engrained horror of my own voice), but here are some ideas for podcasts the library could do:
  • A simple tour of the library in English/Irish (possibly other languages such as French with the help of the French department! which might help Erasmus students)
  • A short interview with any of the authors or speakers that we have come to our events (i.e. Eneclann etc.)
  • A guide to databases - i.e. one podcast per popular database.
  • A talk about the Impac/Booker/(insert other major book award here) nominees for upcoming year
What I do know is that the talk would have to be structured and that a plan would have to be in place to keep the momentum up in the recording of a series rather than a random selection of recordings. I also don't think it should be a one-person job - the pressure should be dispersed over many library staff:) Now I've fulfilled the obligatory parts of this Thing, I'll wait and see if I think of anything good to podcast myself. iPodder  will tell you all about the best podcasting sites and what they have to offer. Image above is from here.

1 comment:

  1. Your posts just get better and better! Great ideas for podcast too - well done!

    ReplyDelete