Welcome!

Look around, leave a comment, dont be a stranger!

Wednesday, 1 June 2011

Old movie alert!

As well as their recent showings of the African Queen, Apocolypse Now and Taxidriver, the IFI has a 'High Anxiety' season coming up (from today until the 26th) brimming with dark and paranoid thrillers like the Manchurian Candidate and Chinatown. Thats if you can stand to be crammed into their uncomfortable seats for a few hours! I know I can, but I have to give somebody else painkillers to get them to come along:)

4 comments:

  1. I saw Chinatown for the first time last year, LOVED it, very underrated film. Nicholson is SO young in it,he's not everyones cup of tea, but I think he's great. Wouldn't mind seeing Night Moves/The Conversation.
    I too will have to contend with the legroom complaints, What is with that? it's not like they're going on a 10 hour trastlantic flight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool, I still haven't seen Chinatown but I love Nicholson too so I think I'll be going to that. I have yet to see my other half's reaction to a transatlantic flight...god help me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you haven't seen Chinatown - classic movie you have to see it. Nicholson/Dunaway fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right! Im writing it in my diary:)

    ReplyDelete